Matthew 28 describes it this way:
1. After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week,
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord
came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back
the stone and sat on it.
3. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were
white as snow.
4. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and
became like dead men.
5. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know
that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
6. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.
Come and see the place where he lay.
7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen
from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee.
There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
- Matt 28:1-7
As we celebrate His rising, we’re already seeing signs of the power that raised Him from the dead.
In the lives of His people, it is beginning to work in the area of:
For example, this just came in VERY early on resurrection morning…
Husband Back in Church … After 5 Years!
“I’m speechless. My husband knocked on my door early today, Easter Sunday and told me to get ready so we could go to church. I was in shock. I had been crying all night about the pain of loving my husband for Christ.
I was ready to throw in the towel. I can’t believe it. What made it even more amazing last night he had expressed his resentments towards me saying he didn’t love me and was anti going to church.
He hasn’t set foot in our church in 5 yrs and vowed never to go back there! Yet here I was this morning sitting beside my husband in church while other people glanced over us with shocked looks on their faces.
My pastor who married us was so happy and shocked to see him there. I’m exhausted praying. I now realize the battle must be won on my knees and through my witness. Which is the hardest part in my opinion.
Its easy to love someone when they love you back but loving someone through their unloving behaviour takes every bit of Christ’s strength.
I feel kind of numb but it really happened. My husband listened to the gospel this Easter Sunday morning. Thank you Jesus
I know the battle is not over.”
- Sister X
This resurrection season, my prayer for you, dear reader, is that:
The same Power of Resurrection that raised JESUS CHRIST
from the dead will quicken every “dead” area of your life
and breathe new life into you and your loved ones…
In Jesus’ precious name. Amen.
Sample Resurrection Prayers…
Is there any area of your life that is dead and buried? Your marriage? Virtues? Ministry? Finances? Your health?
Here’s a sample of how you should be praying in this season:
- Thou power of resurrection, visit my foundation in the name of Jesus
- Thou voice of resurrection, speak life into every dead area of my life in the mighty name of Jesus
- Because He is risen, I arise out of sickness into divine health in Jesus’ name
- Because He is risen, I arise out of poverty into prosperity in the name of Jesus
- Because He is risen, I arise out of darkness into light in the name of Jesus
- Because He is risen, thou power of the grave, you have NO dominion over me in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
NOTE: More prayers in the Members’ Area…
Be An Overcomer
PS: For Members of the Prayer Academy, Blog24 …
Remember your Resurrection Prayer Assignment.
Please continue with it throughout the week.
PPS: Where do eagles learn to pray?
Congratulations to those who are in the
current Prayer Academy right now (and thanks
for sending in all your assignments).
For those who have NEVER participated,
the NEW session is in progress right now.
For more details, please click below:
I’d like to hear your stories too.
Your comments and testimonies might just encourage someone out there.
Just click on COMMENTS below to share your experiences – the good, the bad and the ugly – all are welcome! Join the conversation here – share your testimony today!